|Packaging Size||1, 5, 20, 200 Kg|
|Form of Chemical||Liquid|
POLYALK WP is a most effective and proven polymeric waterproofing solution. USES Roof slabs – flat or sloping, chajjas, folded plate roofs, vaulted roofs, domes etc. Uses:
- Roof slabs – flat or sloping, chajjas, folded plate roofs, vaulted roofs, domes etc.
- Flooring, external walls.
- Sunk portion of bathrooms, toilets, balconies, etc.
- Overhead or underground water tanks and other large reservoirs.
- Mortars for filling joints of C.I. or any other drainage pipes.
- As an admixture for providing waterproof plaster to external walls especially in high rise buildings.
- As waterproof additive to any cement based paints used as a finishing coat.
Physical And Chemical Properties:
- Can be easily mixed with cement forming an impermeable co-matrix film.
- High flexural strength and extraordinary adhesion of polymer reinforces the high compressive strength property of cementitious matrix.
- Alkaline and compatible with concrete.
- Does not facilitate carbonation.
- Can be applied in moist conditions e.g: exteriors, terraces and chajjas in wet spells of monsoon, underground and/ or overhead water tanks almost immediately after emptying.
- Can be mixed with any cement based paint and can thus have any desired colour shade.
- Can be used as a base waterproofing coat. After curing, it can receive Sunext–8
Result Of Test Conducted As Per Din 1048 On A Concrete Cube Coated With Polyalk Wp Cement Slurry
Instructions For Use:
|Test Pressure||Duration of Test||Permeability Single Coat||Permeability Two Coats|
|1 bar||48 hrs||35 mm||0 mm|
|3 bars||24 hrs||35 mm||0 mm|
|7 bars||24 hrs||48 mm||0 mm|
- Preparation of the surface to be waterproofed is very important.
- Repair and make good any faulty concrete in the form of cracks, honey combing etc mortar.
- Cure the repaired cracks as per the usual norms.
- Remove all curing compounds and sealers.
- Scrub and clean the surface.
- Remove laitance, dirt, paint, loose flakes or particles or other foreign matter etc. using a vacuum cleaner or high pressure water jet or wet sandblasting or wire brushing.
- Ensure that the concrete surface possesses an open surface texture.
- Fill hairline cracks with POLYFILL AR, large cracks with POLYALK EP
- Moisten the surface with water jet 24 hours prior to the application of POLYALK WP.
- Mix 1 part of POLYALK WP and 1.25 parts fresh white or grey cement by weight using a low-speed stirrer, to form a slurry.
- Continuous hand-mixing to a lump-free consistency may also be adequate.
- Keep the mix continuously stirred.
- Apply the slurry by brush to the damp surface.
- Apply two more coats of similar slurry at 24 hrs intervals.
- Allow to set for 48 hours.
- Cure the coating for 7 days by sprinkling water three times a day on the vertical surface (external walls) and using moist gunny bags on the horizontal surface (terraces).
- For best results, it is necessary to sandwich the cured coating of POLYALK WP with a screed layer.