|Packaging Type||HDPE Bag|
|Coverage||For Bonding Coat - 35 to 40 ft2 / Kg|
|Yield||For Mortars 21-22 Kg mix yields 0.01M3 or 10 L approximately|
|Packing Size||1, 5, 20 kg|
POLYALK EP is a polymeric formulation that strengthens and modifies the micro structure of cement based hydrated products by forming a polymeric spatial network in its voids, complementing the cement paste characteristics.Uses:
- Repair Of Rcc Members, Water Tanks, Industrial Floors.
- Grouting Of Rcc Members
- Finish Plastering For Brick And Block Work.
- Heritage Structures Rehabilitation.
- Staircase Steps Retrofitting, Foundation Grouting
- Pipe Joints – New And Repaired.
Directions For Use Polyalk Ep As Polymer Cement Bonding Coat (Pcbc):
- Polyalk Ep Increases Interfacial Adhesion, Water Impermeability Tensile And Flexural Strength
- Compensates For Volume Changes Due To Shrinkage.
Polyalk Ep As Polymer Modified Cement Mortar (Pmcm)
- Take 0.5 Part Fresh Cement, 1 Part Polyalk Ep (By Weight). Mix Thoroughly Preferably Using A Mechanical Mixer. Slurry Of A Consistency Easily Applicable By Brush Is Ready For Use As A Bonding Material.
- In Special Cases This Composition May Be Modified By Consulting Cmcd
- Clean The Surface On Which The Bonding Coat Is To Be Applied With A Water Jet Approximately 24 Hrs Prior To Application.
- Apply The Bonding Coat On The Cleaned Rcc Surface By Brush Taking Care To Avoid Pinholes.
- Immediately After Application Of The Slurry On The Requisite Surface, Place The Next Screed Or Mortar Etc. That Is To Come Over It “Wet On Wet” Application.
Polyalk Ep As Polymer Rich Cement Mortar (Prcm):
- Take 1 Kg POLYALK EP, 5 kg fresh Cement, 15 Kg Quartz sand (graded). (Polymer : Cement: Quartz Sand ratio is 1:5:15). This is a globally recommended composition. However, the proportion can be modified based on Consultant’s recommendations.
- First dry mix the cement and graded sand in a mixer
- Mix POLYALK EP with the premixed cement-sand in the mixer.
- Mix for atleast 3 minutes. A mechanical mixer with a specially designed stirrer may be conveniently used.
- Add requisite quantity of water to attain dough like consistency so that it can be hand packed. The mortar is now ready for use.
Polyalk Ep As Polymer Cement Grout ( Pcg):
- Take 2 Kg POLYALK EP, 5 Kg fresh cement and 15 Kg graded quartz sand ( i.e in the ratio of 2:5:15)
- Mix the three ingredients (without addition of any water) preferably in a mechanical mixer, till a soft mix of uniform consistency is formed.
- A mix with this proportion has the required strength and flexibility suitable for filling cracks effectively.
- Take 1 Kg POLYALK EP, 3 Kg fresh cement and 2 Kg water ( i.e in the ratio of 1:3:2) First mix POLYALK EP and water.
- Add this to the cement using a mechanical mixer till a slurry of uniform consistency is formed.
- Depending upon various needs of grout application, the above proportion of POLYALK EP may be modified by consulting CMCD.
- 24 hours after application, cure by a fine spray of water for at least seven days.
- Prepare only as much quantity as can be used in 30 minutes.
- Fresh cement should be used.
- Clean all tools with water immediately after use.
- It Has A Shelf Life Of 12 Months When Stored In Original Container In A Cool, Dry Place.
- Health Hazards: No Particular Hazard Known. If The Product Spills On To The Skin And Dries Up, Some Irritation May Occur.